The DIAL scheme is post-incubation support linked with existing incubators/companies. This
helps fast-track a start-up through focused intervention (Push innovations into the
commercial domain) to supplement and complement the scaling up of a startup. It aims at
companies to validate products/technology and engages with customers to boost existing
- To support existing and upcoming Accelerators to select and accelerate potential
product-based startups to scale.
- The program will focus on accelerating startups by providing customer connections,
investor connections, and internationalization connect services.
- Existing startups/companies.
- Licensable technology.
- At least one revenue-generating customer.
- Preference would be given to companies in the Sensors, Networking, Actuators and Control
- Financial support up to Rs. 100.00 Lakhs.
- Technical Mentorship and business mentorship, if required.
- Interactions with Potential customers to promote the technology.
- Approach to Gopalakrishnan Deshpande Centre - GDC established in IIT Madras.
- Joint licensing of products/technology with IITM Pravartak.
- Filed Patent.
- Jobs created.
- Number of UG, PG, and Ph.D. candidates deployed.
- Multiplicative increase in customer base.
The candidate is expected to prepare a proposal in the specified format with the objective,
milestones, and expenditure details and submit it to IITM Pravartak during the call for
proposals. Once the proposal is evaluated and shortlisted by the Technical Review Committee,
the candidate will be invited to present it to the Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC). The
TEC will determine if the idea is innovative and has marketing potential. If found to be
eligible, the proposal will be accepted by IITM Pravartak.
The approved projects will be reviewed on a quarterly basis by the technical review
committee appointed by IITM Pravartak. The continued funding of projects will depend on the
project’s progress and achievement of milestones.
Patents & Licensing:
- As per agreement with an external funding source, the IPs + Technology ideas can be
owned jointly between IIT Madras and the funding agency and licensed at zero cost to
- As per the agreement, royalty will be shared between IITM, Pravartak and the external
- Startup – License fee can be substituted through equity at a mutually agreed upon